Well, we did not think it would be. Youngest was in a very good mood last night, but was awake at 6:00am this morning, and we were expecting the worst. However, we have had no problems at all. It’s 10:30pm, and we are trying to get him to settle down. Fingers crossed !!
I did chicken for tea tonight. It was a made up dish, that worked very well. I have not got a name for the dish, but it is copied below:
Chicken & Tomatoes
- 2 chicken legs, divided into thighs and drumsticks
- Half an onion, diced
- 2 medium sized mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- 1/2 a 14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1oz of grated cheese
- 1/2 oz of white breadcrumbs
- 1/2 oz butter
- 1 tblsp oil
- seasoned flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the chicken in the season flour, and brown quickly in the oil and butter. Remove to an oven proof dish and keep warm.
- Gently fry the onions until soft, but not browned.
- Add the garlic and cook for a few minutes
- Add the mushrooms and tomatoes, and a tblsp of water. stir until mixed well. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce mix over the chicken legs, and sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Place the dish in a pre-heated oven (180 F) for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Unfortunately, I did not get a photograph, but it does look and smells good. We had it with pasta, but it could equally well with a green vegetable and potatoes. Or possibly a salad.